Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Write a 5 page essay. Start with a 1-paragraph to 1-page summary of the story. Then, go on to analyze the portrayal of the main character, and then specify why and how the story reflects the social-political condition of China in that era. A good example of this would be to cite a historical event or a cultural phenomenon you learned about in the reading and explain how it is referenced or demonstrated in the story. You also need to include the reason why you pick the story, which character has caught the most attention, will you recommend this story to others and why and etc.
In the review essay, you will have to include at least two citations from the stories of choice. Your choice of quotes from the story should associate with the theme of this course, â€œconstructing the images of Modern China,â€ or the specified titles of your essay. You are encouraged to further establish your interpretation, criticism, and reflection on current events or life experience in comparison with the selected story. You are also encouraged to read and cite the sample book review posted in the relevant weekly section of our Blackboard course, or any other outside resources that are relevant to the story.
12. Chen Yingzhen (1936- ) Columbia Anthology â€œMy Kid Brother Kangxiongâ€
13. Huang Chunming (1939- ) Columbia Anthology â€œThe Fishâ€
14. Wang Zhenhe (1940-1990 ) Columbia Anthology â€œAn Oxcart for a Dowryâ€
15. Chen Ruoxi (1938- ) Columbia Anthology â€œThe Tunnelâ€
16. Wang Meng (1934- ) Columbia Anthology â€œTales of New Cathayâ€
17. Li Rui (1950- ) Columbia Anthology â€œElecting a Thiefâ€
18. Han Shaogong (1953- ) Columbia Anthology â€œThe Leaderâ€™s Demiseâ€
19. Gao Xingjian (1940-) Columbia Anthology â€œThe Accidentâ€
20. Liu Heng (1954- ) Columbia Anthology â€œDogshit Foodâ€
21. Mo Yan (1956- ) Columbia Anthology â€œIronChildâ€
22. Course Material â€œMan and Beastâ€
23. Yu Hua (1963- ) Columbia Anthology â€œOn the Road at Eighteenâ€
24. Su Tong (1963- ) Columbia Anthology â€œEscapeâ€