Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Baye, M., & Prince, J. (2017). Managerial Economics & Business Strategy (9th ed.,). McGraw-Hill Education. Research Two (2) peer-reviewed articles that can be used to answer your
Please read Chapters 13 & 14 and answer the two following questions:
1. During the early days of the Internet, most dot-coms were driven by revenues rather than
profits. A large number were even driven by “hits” to their site rather than revenues. This
all changed in early 2000, however, when the prices of unprofitable dot-com stocks
plummeted on Wall Street. Most analysts have attributed this to a return to rationality, with
investors focusing once again on fundamentals like earnings growth.
● Does this mean that, during the 1990s, dot-coms that focused on “hits” rather than
revenues or profits had bad business plans? Explain. (Chapter13- Problem 14)
2. During the dot-com era, mergers among some brokerage houses resulted in the acquiring
firm paying a premium on the order of $100 for each of the acquired firm’s customers.
● Is there a business rationale for such a strategy?
● Do you think these circumstances are met in the brokerage business? Explain.
(Chapter 13- Problem 17)