Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Week 3 Discussion: The Literature Review and Searching for Evidence (graded
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
· CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
· CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
· CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 & 8)
· During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
· Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
· Posts in the discussion on two different days
· Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
· Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
· Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
· Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
· Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
· Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
· Best Practices include:
· Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
· Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
· Select different classmates for your reply each week.
You must access the following article to answer the questions:
Boyle, D. K., & Thompson, S.A. (2020). CMSRNs’ continuing competence methods and perceived value of certification: A descriptive study.
MEDSURG Nursing, 29(4), 229-254.
https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=145282314&site=eds-live&scope=siteLinks to an external site.
1. Locate the literature review section. Summarize using your own words from
one of the study/literature findings. Be sure to identify which study you are summarizing.
2. Discuss how the author’s review of literature (studies) supported the research purpose/problem. Share something that was interesting to you as you read through the literature review section.
3. Describe one strategy that you learned that would help you create a strong literature review/search for evidence. Share your thoughts on the importance of a thorough review of the literature.
Chamberlain College of Nursing NR439 PPE Worksheet
Problem/PICOT/Evidence Search (PPE) Worksheet (Based on Wk. 2 Check-In PICOT
Clinical Nursing Practice Problem
Select and identify
Define PICOT Elements
Define each of the PICOT elements from your question above.
Use the instructor feedback from the Week 2 Check-In.
P– (Patient population/patients of interest):
O– (Measurable outcome):
T– (Time frame in months):
Evidence Retrieval Process and Summary
(1) Locate evidence that is relevant to your chosen nursing practice problem. Explain how you believe the evidence is relevant to your chosen nursing practice problem.
(3) Provides a
(4) Evidence must be published within the last
(5) Provides the permalink
APA Reference and permalink:
Implications of the Evidence
Summarize what you learned from the evidence. Summarize why you believe the nursing evidence-based practice committee should focus their next research project on the nursing practice problem.
Evidence Search Terms
Identify 4 (or more) relevant searchable terms you used for your search for evidence.
Select 4 (or more) relevant search strategies you used to narrow/limit your search for
____ Full text
____ Boolean Operators/Phrase
____ Selected publication dates within last 10 years
____ Subject, title, or author search box
____ Truncation (used an asterisk * at the beginning or end of a word)
____ Academic or scholarly (Peer Reviewed) journals
____ Quotation marks for key words
____ Selected key terms from PICOT question
____ Others: (list below): ____________________________________________
NR439 PPE Worksheet 11.22 DLP