Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
So far in this course, you have explored many different mobile app examples, all of which have differed greatly from one another. Now that you have a stronger understanding of how this variance is underpinned by standard design best practices, you will start to explore tactics you would use to create your own mobile app UI.
In this assignment, you will select an app screen to re-create. This can be from an app you have already analyzed in this course, another app you are familiar with using, or a completely new app you found via research. Then, you will determine what you would change on the screen based on the understanding you have cultivated throughout this course regarding design best practices and translating the needs of users.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Design a user interface for a mobile app screen. On paper, or using a software of your choice (such as Microsoft PowerPoint), redesign one screen for a mobile app. The way you illustrate the design can be simple but it must include all the necessary elements for a user to complete the primary tasks the screen was designed for. However, the features you include should not necessarily be the same. Only the overall goal that addresses user needs must be maintained. While designing, you must do the following:
- Include relevant features such as navigation components or information components.
- Label every component and describe them, along with any data they collect or interact with.
- Indicate which elements on the screen are interactive.
- Apply mobile app UI design best practices. Be sure you continue to reference the Android Developers – Design for Android guidelines, linked in the Resources section of this module, as you work on your UI design. These are very comprehensive but it is important to use them in all aspects of design.
- Justify your design decisions. Explain why you chose to make the UI design updates that you did for your creation. Your reasons should be user-driven and compatible with the Design for Android guidelines. Comment on any new features you introduced or any challenging areas you overcame with creative solutions.