Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The Research Paper will consist of 16-20 double spaced pages (excluding title page and reference page). The research will address one of the following five topics:
1. Terrorism and Organized Crime: Similarities and Differences (Connected to Course Learning Objective #4, i.e., Report on how terrorism differs from organized crime).
2. History of Organized Crime in the U.S. (Connection to several Course Learning Objectives #2. Assess organized crime’s ability to continue flourishing through the application of sociological and criminological theory; #3 Interpret the historical and socio-political patterns of organized crime in the United States; #6 Compare the origins, characteristics, and national makeup of Asian Crime and Russian organized crime groups, #7. Separate traits and characteristics of the two main Italian Mafia groups, that is, the well-known Cosa Nostra and the newer Calabrian ‘Ndrangheta; and #8. Scrutinize major organized crime statutes, such as the Harrison Act, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), and Prohibition).
3. Explaining Organized Crime Through the Lens of Rational Choice Theory, or
another sociological and or criminological criminal justice theory of your choice. (Connected to Course Learning Objective #2, i.e., Assess Transnational Organized Crime’s ability to continue flourishing through the application of criminological theory).
4. Which Poses the Biggest Threat to the U.S….Russian or Asian Organized Crime? (Connected to Course Learning Objective #6. Compare the origins, characteristics, and national makeup of Asian Crime and Russian organized crime groups)
5. A topic of interest to the student, which is fully related to this course, and approved in advance by the instructor. Note: Any proposed topic must be shown to directly connect to one of the course learning objectives identified in the syllabus
This paper must have at least 10 references from primary sources, for example, peer-reviewed journals, etc. Use of newspapers, news magazines, and similar periodicals must be kept to a minimum but a fine for background material.
Web sources should be evaluated based on the site sponsor, among other things, such as: How long has the site existed? Is there sufficient information to judge credentials, authenticity, credibility, and bias? Are facts supported by cited sources? Is the material published only on the web? Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.
Evaluation of the paper will be based upon the rubric below.
The research paper must be written using American Psychological Association (APA) style. In part this must include the following: (b) Times New Roman style, (c) 12-point font, (d) double-spaced, with (e) 1 inch page margins all around.
Note: All quotes must be encapsulated in quotation marks. Likewise, all papers must be 100% original work.