Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This is Video #1. Although the film summaries are not due until the end of the course, you definitely need to get started EARLY. Some films are more than an hour and some are under 30 minutes. PLAN WELL. Thanks!
Submit a 2-paragraph summary of each video. Your summary/analysis should include: (1) Who are the major choreographer(s)
(2) Describe the dancers and style of dance
(3) Is there a storyline presented in the film- What is the dance about?
(4) Describe your personal opinions; discoveries; feelings; and/or reactions to the film.
Dance on Film #2: Eiko & Koma- Modern Dance Legends
Directions: Submit a FULL 2-paragraph summary based upon the collection of the following short dance films/videos. Your summary/analysis should include:
(1) Major choreographer(s) and style of dance
(2) Describe their dancing
(3) What are the various storylines presented in their work?
(4) Describe your personal opinions; discoveries; feelings; and/or reactions to the work. Be specific/examples.
#1 The Rehearsal
#2 A span of four decades
#3 The Interview with Eiko & Koma
Dance on Film #3: Lindy-Hop History and Performance Clips; “Stormy Weather” Tap Dance Scene featuring the famous Bill Robinson; Cab Calloway, and the Nicholas Brothers.
Submit a FULL 2-paragraph summary based upon the following three dance clips. Your summary/analysis should include:
- Major choreographer(s)/Dancers
- Setting/Time period
- Similarities/differences between Tap and Lindy-Hop
- Describe your personal opinions; discoveries; feelings; and/or reactions to these classic dance styles/film clips/interview. Be specific/examples.
- Bonus question- 5 points!
Why do you think the mixture of live music ensembles/bands and dance performance together in a live setting was once popular, but is now hard to find?
Frankie Manning- a short history video clip:
Famous Lindy Hop Scene video clip:
â€œStormy Weatherâ€ video clip featuring Bill Robinson; Cab Calloway, and The Nicolas Brothers
Dance on Film #4- Open forum discussion about Dance Partnering
Directions: For each clip, post a comment to include:
- What did you learn?
- Describe your personal opinions; discoveries; feelings; and/or reactions to anything that you found interesting
Modern Dance Duet!
Rumba in Cuba!
Modern Day Bachata!
Guang Dong – Pas de deux!