Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Discussion: Using Both Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
Many clinical practice issues are sufficiently complicated that neither a purely quantitative or qualitative approach can generate a comprehensive perspective of the issue. Particularly for investigating evaluative questionsâ€”such as the effectiveness of a program or treatment or the impact of a policyâ€”some combination of quantitative and qualitative methods can be much more illuminating than relying on one method alone.
In this Discussion, you consider the use of a mixed-methods design in health care research studies.
- With the Learning Resources in mind, and reflecting on what you have explored throughout this course, consider the benefits of using a mixed-methods research approach.
- Brainstorm nursing practice situations in which using a mixed-methods design would be beneficial. Select one situation to focus on for the purposes of this Discussion. Consider how the quantitative and qualitative data would complement one another to provide a richer analysis and conclusion.
- Also consider the challenges you might encounter in using a mixed-methods approach: data collection, analysis, or synthesis of qualitative and quantitative findings.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response to the following:
- Briefly explain your selected situation and why utilizing a mixed-methods approach would be beneficial.
- Evaluate how the quantitative and qualitative data would complement one another.
- Discuss the challenges you might encounter in using mixed methods for the situation you selected and how would you address these challenges.