Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Course Name: Public Health Implications of Disasters
Week 13 – Special Populations
This week’s unit deals with what is known as special populations. There is no precise definition for this term, but it includes every disaster victim other than a healthy adult. Thus, the category includes those who have physical and mental handicaps, the very young and very old, and those who are sent to or need the assistance of special shelters. Since there is an entire course dedicated to the psychological aspects of disaster management in this degree program, we have not focused either of this week’s discussion board questions on this subtopic. You must still read on mental health aspects of disasters for the course, but our focus will be children and the elderly/infirm.
1. Ciottone chapters 9, 10, and 58
4. Landesman chapter 8: Behavioral Health Strategies
5. Landesman chapter 11: People with Disabilities and Others With Access and Functional Needs
6. Landesman: chapter 15: Ethical Considerations in Public Health Emergencies
7. Wisner chapter 6
1. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Pediatric Terrorism and Disaster Preparedness: A Resource for Pediatricians.pedresource.pdf
2. Ryan Larrance et al. Health Status Among Internally Displaced Persons in Louisiana and Mississippi Travel Trailer Parks.Larrance trailer park.pdf
3. Mary Currier et al. A Katrina Experience: Lessons Learned.Currier Katrina.pdf
Design a poster as a public service announcement focused on any aspect of special populations during disasters. This is the chance for you to think creatively as well as to showcase any artistic ability you have.