Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Introduction and Alignment
Continuing the theme of skill practice to build competence, you will have the opportunity in this activity to
Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Create empathic client engagement that leads to empowerment and growth. (PO 6)
- Apply social work theories to client engagement, assessment, intervention, and evaluation at the micro practice level. (PO 6, 7, 8, 9)
- Textbook: Social Work Skills for Beginning Direct Practice
: Journal Worksheet_Treatment Planning
Clients are empowered by working with their social worker to create strengths-based plans for their treatment and safety. The planning phase of the social work practice framework involves a collaborative process in which social workers and clients discuss specific needs, risks, strengths, and resources. They then create plans to address treatment needs and safety issues with goals and objectives that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely (S.M.A.R.T.) (Doran, 1981). The result of this planning process is most commonly a written document known as a treatment or intervention plan. These plans are sometimes included in an assessment (completed by an intake worker at some agencies), while in other programs, treatment plans are created and continually updated by a therapist.
Social workers in a variety of capacities create and use intervention plans. The ability to effectively plan with clients is essential to the success of the social work practice framework.
- In your textbook, Social Work Skills for Beginning Direct Practice, read Chapter 10, â€œProblem Identification, Planning, and Contracting.â€
- Review the assessment criteria in the grading rubric below to understand the grading guidelines for this reflection.
the file Journal Worksheet: Treatment Planning. On the worksheet, complete the following:
- Assess your level of competency in the critical areas of social work practice and the treatment planning process listed on the worksheet.
- Reflect on your ability to execute each treatment planning skill or strategy before choosing your rating. Strive to provide an accurate rating of your abilities as they apply to each concept or skill today.
- You may refer to the readings for this activity to help clarify each concept or skill before rating your ability.
- For each question, provide two questions that you could use with the client populations you will work within the future.
- Include any notes, questions, or concerns that you may have about assessment so that your instructor can respond to them.
- Reflect on your abilities related to treatment planning and respond to the writing prompts at the end of the worksheet.