Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please review the samples posted on Blackboard before starting your work.
1. Each student will provide a brief two-page cultural write-up relating to Kenya
- Historical background
- Communication styles (language, both verbal and non-verbal)
- Beliefs (religion, family, nature, etc.)
- Society structure (gender equality, role of children, family, ethnic groups, leaders, government, politicalideologies, hierarchies)
VERY IMPORTANT â€“ your final score will greatly depend on this.
In the next two sections, associations SHOULD be made with the value orientations addressed in the Values portion of this course:
- Â§ Human Nature (Universalism-Particularism, Good/Evil, High-Context/Low-Context, Uncertainty Avoidance)
- Â§ Relation to Nature (Subjugation, Harmony, Mastery, Inner-/Outer-Directed)
- Â§ Activity Orientation (Achievement/Ascription, Doing-Being-Being-Becoming)
- Â§ Human Relationships (Affectivity/Affective Neutrality, Instrumental/Expressive, Self(Individualistic)/Collective (Collateral)/Linear, Egalitarian/Hierarchical, Power Distance)
- Â§ Relation to Time (Past-Present-Future, Monochronic/Polychronic, Low-Context/High-Context
2. Each student will provide a two-page list of â€˜Reasons for Codes of Cultural Behaviorâ€™ for tourists visiting his/her representative country. This list will explain to tourists why it is important that they follow each of the Doâ€™s and Donâ€™ts (that you listed in your Making Acquaintances: Doâ€™s and Donâ€™tâ€™s assignment), from the hostsâ€™ cultural (values of the culture) perspective, and should include the following: (40 points)
a. Five major â€˜Doâ€™sâ€™ for tourists
i. At least one appropriate value orientation of the culture for each â€˜Doâ€™ (20 points) (Describe in detail
one distinct value orientation for each Do. Do not repeat value orientations for the items on the list of
b. Five major â€˜Donâ€™tsâ€™ for tourists
i. At least one appropriate value orientation of the culture for each â€˜Donâ€™tâ€™ (20 points) (Describe in detail one distinct value orientation for each Donâ€™t. Do not repeat value orientations for the items on the list of Donâ€™tâ€™s.)
- Each student will provide APA-style citations within the text whenever applicable and compile a list of APA-style references (reference page) for all resources used in his/her write-up (5 points)
- On the â€˜Making Acquaintances Part 2â€™ discussion forum, each student will post his/her findings about the representative country in a thread by the Submit â€˜Making Acquaintances: Differences and Similaritiesâ€™ due date,December 3, 2019.
- Each student is required to read the findings of one other student and reply to the posting of the other student by identifying the following, on or before the Submit Reply to â€˜Making Acquaintances: Differences and Similaritiesâ€™ due date, December 6, 2019: (10 points):
- One major cultural value commonality between his/her country and the other country (5 points)
- One major cultural value difference between his/her country and the other country (5 points)NOTE: Studentsâ€™ responses to the postings should consist of complete sentences. In the response, each student should compare the other country with their country in terms of value orientations mentioned above (Section 2) as well.