Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
I choose number 6: Muscular Dystrophy
Research Paper and Presentation Directions
For this assignment, you will choose one of the following diagnoses to use for your in-depth case study:
- CVA (specify which area of the brain was injured)
- Spinal Cord Injury (specify complete vs incomplete, level of injury)
- Spastic Cerebral Palsy
- Diabetic Polyneuropathy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Phantom Limb Pain
- Bell’s Palsy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Huntington’s Chorea
- Dystonia (focal or generalized)
- Guillain Barre
- Chronic Low Back Pain
- Other (must be approved by your instructor)
Case Study Research Paper (75 points)
- Write a 4 page paper on your topic which includes answers to the following questions.
- What is the primary lesion and/or pathology in this condition?
- Which structure(s) in the nervous system does it affect (UMN, LMN, brain, spinal cord, etc.)?
- What are the common signs/symptoms of this disorder?
- How is it diagnosed?
- What is the prognosis?
- What are the treatment interventions? Please describe medical and therapeutic management:
- Medical management including common medications and surgical procedures
- Physical Therapy interventions (clinical concerns, treatment approaches, etc.)
Paper Requirements: Use your textbook and three other reliable resources in your paper. Sources may include journal articles, web sites and textbooks but be mindful of reliability of source. Your paper should be written in APA format to include: Times New Roman, font size 12, 1â€ margins, double-spaced and a reference page. You need to be concise due to the amount of material discussed. Submit via link in Blackboard.
Presentation (75 points)
Develop a 13-15 minute presentation of your diagnosis. Incorporate your responses to the questions addressed in your research paper. Your presentation must include a presentation software/tool, such as PowerPoint, Prezi, Google Slides, etc.