Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Your Portfolio Project for this class is a Community Action Plan designed to alleviate or correct a public health issue in your community. Your community can be your business, school, neighborhood, town or city of residence or birth, or county.
For Option #2, your Community Action Plan will be a professional portfolio that includes a written report and a handout.
Below are some useful sites where you can find examples of the elements of an action plan.
Preliminary Deliverables: These deliverables must be submitted in the assigned week:
- Week 2: Written Response and Project Selection (20 points): Provide a one-paragraph response indicating which assignment option and public health issue you have selected and why. This will help your instructor to be aware of your plans and support you with development of this project. Upload your response as a Word document.
- Week 7: Preliminary Written Report and Peer Review Feedback (30 points) Submit a preliminary (rough) draft of the written portion of your portfolio project as well as proof of peer review. Remember to include the following sections: introduction, symptoms, diagnosis, prevention, cure, and summary. Peer review feedback is also included in this assignment. Create a post that includes your written report as an attachment using the Portfolio Project Milestone discussion forum for peer review feedback. Provide feedback to at least one of your classmates. Choose a classmate with no other feedback first, to ensure that everyone receives some feedback from their peers. In this preliminary draft submission, indicate which project you responded to.
Final Paper Instructions:
- The final case study should include four sections (Symptoms, Diagnosis, Cure, and Prevention). Each section should be about 1 page in length. Your entire paper must be 4-5 pages in length, not counting the title or reference pages, which must be included. Your paper must follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. (Links to an external site.)
- You must cite and integrate at least 2 credible sources in each of the four sections of the paper. You may use readings other than the textbook to meet this requirement. The paper should be based on references to scholarly materials (rather than on introductory textbooks, popular website writings, or musings, for example) and should support your claims with evidence.
- Incorporate into this final plan any classmatesâ€™ critiques that you found useful as well as your instructorâ€™s feedback.
- List the key community members or partners that you plan on contacting, with an explanation why these individuals or organizations make sense as potential partners. This could include your list of potential partners created in week 4 Critical Thinking Assignment Option #1, or your interview of one key partner completed in week 4 Critical Thinking Option #2.
- Include a special emphasis on either the demographics of the affected population or the economic implications, depending on what Critical Thinking assignment you completed for Week 5.
- Include a realistic timeline for your plan. Discuss the time needed for campaigning, education, funding, building, and implementation. Use ideas created during week 6 Critical Thinking Assignments, either the option for annotated bibliography or that for the brainstorming draft feedback.
Final Instructions for the Handout:
- The handout that you will distribute to audience members describes the problem in your community and your action plan.
- You may design this as an outline of your presentation or as a brochure to accompany your presentation with highlighted key points.
- The purpose of this handout is both to educate the audience about the issue and to help them follow along with you as you speak. Keep in mind that in real life you will have limited time to convince people of the gravity of the situation and to come on board with their support, so you want to be persuasive and get to the key points quickly and effectively.
- Your handout must be supported by at least two scholarly articles.