Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
It is often said that numbers don’t lie; however, the validity of such a statement is predicated on the quality of data obtained. So how does an organization determine what kind of factors and items to measure, and then how is the best method of measurement determined? Do we measure individual performance, organizational outcomes, employee satisfaction, or something else? As organizations consider such issues, industrial/organizational (I/O) professionals can provide guidance on selecting and implementing metrics in the workplace.
Use your understanding of the application of industrial/organizational (I/O) concepts as well as scholarly sources to address the following questions:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using objective measures as you assess factors such as performance?
- How do reliability and validity of measurements impact decisions in organizational processes such as employee selection?
Provide an example of a qualitative employee satisfaction measure and a quantitative employee satisfaction measure. Explain the potential use for each.
Your response should directly address each question, providing references and examples to support your points. You should use at least two scholarly sources cited in APA format. Comment in a substantive manner on the responses of at least two of your classmates. Some comments or questions you may consider while responding to your classmates include:
- Providing another perspective on one of the topic areas
- Providing an additional reference with an interesting complementary or different view of the topic areas
- Providing a personal example related to one of the topic areas
- Write your initial response in a minimum of 300–400 words.