Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
There is a tremendous amount of information and â€œbad scienceâ€ in the nutrition industry. Supplement companies, food companies and many others will promise health, longevity and wellness that often fall short on actual science. Using this articlehttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222891/ (copy and paste it) and watch the videos below to answer the discussion questions.
Battling Bad Science: Dr. Ben Gold Acre:
Publication Bias in Clinical Trials
Dr. Lissa Rankin, Can we Really Heal our Bodies?
Please watch the video above and read to the Placebo effect and answer the following questions.
1. What is the placebo effect?
2. What benefits do you think there might be?
3. What is the scientific method?
4. What are some of the issues with scientific studies (please use at least 2 references for this answer)?
5. From Dr. Lissa Rankin’s video, what are the physiological health benefits of being more mindful with your health?
Chapter 1 Food Choices
Chapters 1 discusses food choices, and healthy diet choices. There are many things that influence our dietary choices on a daily basis including convenience, taste, nutrition, cost, and availability in addition to others. As you will learn in the video, many people do not prioritize food and health and unfortunately the adverse health consequences can be seen everywhere.
Please watch the video above and answer the following questions.
Big Food: Health, Culture and the Evolution of Eating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OP9qFD7tFU (Links to an external site.)
1. What is a food desert?
2. What is a food swamp?
3. What factors in our current food system have led to the obesity epidemic (make sure you provide the facts from the video)?
4. What solutions does the video suggest to improve the obesity epidemic?
5. What are the top 3-5 things you think about when deciding what you are going to eat?
6. How does this affect your decision?
7. Do you think you mostly make healthful choices? Why or why not? If you are frequently not making healthful choices, which variables can you change and how? If you are making healthful choices, what suggestions can you give?