Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
There is no denying that family structures and dynamics are changing today. Therefore, as professionals working with children, it is important that we understand the diverse family structures we may encounter so that we are ready to help support the children we are working with. The importance of this is also reinforced in Chapter 2 of our course text.
To prepare for this discussion
- Read the â€œCreating Welcoming and Inclusive Environments for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Families in Early Childhood Settingsâ€ article.
- Choose one more article to read from the following:
- â€œFamily Instability Hits Boys Harder Than Girls and Has Double Povertyâ€™s Influence on Childhood Aggressionâ€ (Links to an external site.)
- â€œChildren Living With Female Same-Sex Couples Have 40 Percent More Focused Time With Their Parentsâ€ (Links to an external site.)
- â€œChildren Do Just as Well in â€˜New Family Structuresâ€™ as in the Traditional Familyâ€ (Links to an external site.)
- â€œAfter Parents Divorce, Regular Overnight Stays With Dad Are Best For Most Young Childrenâ€ (Links to an external site.)
In your initial post
- Compare and contrast the family structures or dynamics in the two articles you read.
- Explain how you will utilize the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct to provide a foundation for working with the diverse family structures in the two articles you read.
- Discuss at least two strategies that you will use to foster inclusion of all diverse family structures, so that all children will feel supported, regardless of their family configuration. Use one scholarly source to support your discussion.